UnITe 2019 – Community, service and partnership
Posted on March 12, 2019 by Bo Wandschneider
I am chairing an innovative conference, UnITe 2019, some may say we have created a unique opportunity this year. The conference is taking place on the beautiful University of Toronto, St. George campus, from May 1–3. What differentiates UnITe 2019 this year is the merging of three distinct events that serve diverse communities into one major celebration of learning and partnership.
UnITe 2019 combines a long-standing University of Toronto (U of T) internal event, Techknowfile (TFK). TKF is rich with tradition and has a focus on service leadership, continuous education and information sharing. The Ontario Higher Education Information Technology (OHEIT) conference is the place to be every year to network, socialize and be part of an innovative program that is for the people, by the people. Last but not least, U of T is partnering with Ryerson University to highlight the importance of staying safe online in today’s ever-changing global landscape. Whether it’s phishing, cyber crime or the importance of protecting your data while travelling for a conference, cyber security is a hot topic that garners a lot of discussion. Together, we present Ryerson University Cybersecurity Day (RUCD).
Do you have an interactive, innovative and engaging workshop or session to share? We are looking for proposal submissions, they are due March 15.
Are you a social butterfly, or highly organized and want to be part of a multi-university team? If so, reach out to us for volunteer opportunities. Highlights of UnITe 2019 include:
- Conference to be opened by renowned author, artist and Canadian icon, Douglas Coupland
- 60 plus engaging sessions
- OHEIT track features social events, fun runs, evening celebration, cocktails and plenty of networking opportunities
- Technical demonstrations
- Industry leading sponsors onsite
- And more… Information on registration and much more will be live shortly, please visit UnITe 2019 often. I invite you to join us in community, service and partnership. See you in the spring!
I am pleased to invite you to visit UnITe 2019 and register today.
Looking forward to catching up with you and seeing our partnership in practice.
See you in May!